What's in a name?

Happy Easter! In line with the theme of resurrection, I've been pondering how names came to be, the act of renaming, and the privilege of returns.

When I decided to create a blog, I was having a hard time deciding on a blog URL. I ultimately paired it with the name of my YouTube channel, danjeley, a collaborative endeavor I hold dear. 

Four O'Clock, on the other hand, is the hands acting out for the brain. It's a time to pause. To achieve that moment requires time management, lots of running around, and asking the right questions of yourself. Albeit meant to be a temporary title to this blog, Four O'Clock is suitable, I think, because it's not an end. It's not what I interpret Lewis Carroll to mean, but the work up to it can be just as philosophically challenging. This is simply my time and my place to write.

Comments

Popular Posts