Here's a song to keep you thinking of me while I'm away

Re-posted from my Google+.

I have midterms all of this week, which means I won't be as active on this blog as I would like to be. But sometimes in life you have to make sacrifices...

This is a video of the song "Lateralus" by Tool. The cool thing about the song is that it follows the Fibonacci Sequence -- which I am a HUGE fan of. Watch it (yes, the full thing) and be inspired.

If you're a math nerd or music junkie, you'll appreciate it. If you're creative and like to think outside the box, you'll be amazed by it. And if you are in the middle of a stressful moment (be it midterms or a making a life-changing decision), you'll be inspired by it's truth and simplicity.


This song, though not my usual genre of music, has come to inspire me not only because of the meaning of the Fibonacci Sequence, but also because the idea of integrating math with music is...pleasant, for lack of a better word. If you love more than one thing and are truly passionate about both, then you can always find a way to keep both in your life. Only like this can we grow and spiral outwards.

This isn't the first time I've shared an inspiring song with you, but I'll ask again: Is there any piece of artwork, music or other, that truly inspires you? Maybe not so much the words but the meaning behind the piece?

P.S. I can go on and on about life-changing works of literature, which is why I chose to speak of music today and not books.

Comments

Popular Posts